Thorne Harbour Health takes your privacy seriously. Thorne Harbour Health has a legal and ethical obligation to ensure the privacy of information relating to individual clients and their families.
Thorne Harbour Health’s Privacy and Confidentiality Policy reflects the principles outlined in the Health Records Act 2001, the Privacy Act 1988 (Commonwealth - incorporating the Privacy Amendment (Enhancing Privacy Protection) Act 2012) and the Privacy & Data Protection Act 2014 (Victoria) regarding the collection, use, disclosure, access and protection of any personal or health information we hold.
In line with these principles, Thorne Harbour Health's Policy requires the organisation:
- To only collect and use personal information with the client’s prior knowledge and consent
- To only use the personal information provided for the purpose for which it was collected. This may include health service provision, research and auditing purposes.
- To remove personal information from records when it is no longer required, unless it is legally required to be retained and archived
- To ensure policies and procedures are in place to protect the personal information we hold
- To ensure Thorne Harbour Health’s Privacy & Confidentiality Policy is available for clients and the public to access
- Not to disclose personal information to other services or individuals without consent
- Not to disclose personal information to other institutions and authorities unless required by law or other regulations or statutes.
Thorne Harbour Health also collects data about the use of our website and social media pages. This data is only used to track the performance of our website and social media pages. It is not used to identify individual users or collect personal information.
Feedback provided on Thorne Harbour Health’s website or social media pages about Thorne Harbour Health services and programs is downloaded, de-identified and used by Thorne Harbour Health for service and program improvement.
Email/Social Media addresses provided via the Thorne Harbour Health website or Social Media will only be used to respond to specific user queries and will not be added to any mailing lists or disclosed to other parties without user’s knowledge and consent.
Clients and individuals have the right to access their personal or health information held by Thorne Harbour Health. Such requests are to be in writing using the Thorne Harbour Health Request to Access Client Care Records form, and addressed to the relevant service manager.
Further information is available from Thorne Harbour Health's Privacy & Confidentiality Policy and Thorne Harbour Health’s Client Confidentiality Procedure.
For further information about Thorne Harbour Health’s Privacy & Confidentiality Policy, please contact Thorne Harbour Health, or call Thorne Harbour Health’s Privacy Officer on Tel: +61 3 9865 6700 or Toll Free: 1800 134 840.
If you feel the privacy of your health information or personal details has been compromised in any way at Thorne Harbour Health, please contact our Privacy Officer (contact details as above) about how to make a complaint.
Complaints about privacy and confidentiality breaches can also be directed to:
Health Complaints Commissioner
Tel: 1300 582 113 Fax: +61 3 9032 3111, or write to:
Health Services Commissioner, 26th Floor, 570 Bourke Street, Melbourne VIC 3000
Australian Privacy Commissioner www.oaic.gov.au / email@example.com
Commissioner for Privacy & Data Protection
Tel: +61 3 8684 1660 Local Call 1300 666 444