Our Community Research Endorsement Panel (CREP) promotes a research agenda to benefit people living with HIV/AIDS and gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender communities. It includes members from our organisation and Living Positive Victoria, researchers and community members.
- Offers guidance on research ethics and the sensitivities of our constituent communities to a range of projects
- Reviews any research proposal that relies on our involvement in any way, including:
- our endorsement or promotion
- use of our premises
- access to our mailing lists
- advice on recruitment.
See: Terms of Reference
Request Research Ethics Guidance
Community Research Endorsement Panel Secretariat
Phone: (03) 9865 6700
The Committee can consider and comment on a draft of a research ethics application, or deputise one of its members to talk with you and go through the issues that might arise in your research.
Apply for Ethics Approval
- Download our Ethics Application Form
- Contact the Secretariat to discuss your application
- Send your application by post or email.
Standard for Sex, Gender, Variations of Sex Characteristics and Sexual Orientation Variables
In 2021, the Australian Bureau of Statistics has released an updated standard for the collection and dissemination of data relating to sex, gender, variations of sex characteristics and sexual orientation. This is available online for use by other government, academic and private sector organisations in their own statistical collections to improve the comparability and quality of data.
Visit ABS Website