Join the 2021 World AIDS Day Remembrance Ceremony
14 Oct 2021
This year, due to COVID-19, the 2021 World AIDS Day event will be carried out without people gathering at the Positive Living Centre. There will be an online event and we are encouraging members of the public to contribute to this year’s memorial.
The event will include the World AIDS Day Remembrance Ceremony to remember and honour the people we have loved and who have left us.
We remember partners, sons, daughters, parents, brothers, sisters, friends…people who have been tremendously important in our lives. We will honour these people who live on in our hearts and our memories by naming them and lighting a candle for them.
We are encouraging you to send us memories of your loved ones. Here is a guide on how you can participate.
HOW TO GET INVOLVED
Share your memories using a video from your phone or tablet
- Video messages need to be on average 7 seconds to no more than 20 seconds maximum
- Mention the person’s name or group and you may wish to include other information such as; when they died, their relationship with you or any message you would like to convey and/or light a candle for them in your video
- Record your message in a landscape or horizontal format
- Consider an appropriate background and adequate lighting
- Upload the file using the link www.bit.ly/memorialdropbox
Share your memories in a message using words
- Email your message which needs to be no more than 75 characters to email@example.com
HOW WE WILL USE YOUR MESSAGE
Your message will become part of a montage used for the Remembrance ceremony or in a similar compilation during AIDS Awareness Week leading up to the event.
The deadline for submission of your contribution is 15 November 2021.
By sending in your contributions you agree and provide consent for Thorne Harbour Health to use the video, text and images for the purpose of the event.
WHAT ELSE CAN YOU DO?
We hope this online event will reach a larger audience both nationally and internationally and as such, please feel free to forward this on to your loved ones, your friends and your networks.