Women in the Early Response to HIV
Women played a vital role in the early response to the HIV and AIDS epidemic in Australia. From frontline workers to community leaders, join Thorne Harbour Health as we hear firsthand from some of the community legends that helped support our communities during the darkest days of the epidemic.
Register via Eventbrite
- Maureen O'Brien - inaugural community nurse at the Gay Men's Community Health Centre
- Sue Stone - former Manager of the Personal Services Program at the Counselling Service at the Gay Men's Health Centre
- Bev Greet - co-founder of Positive Women Victoria
- Assoc Prof Edwina Wright - infectious diseases physician specialising in HIV medicine and HIV clinical research
- Liz Crock - Clinical Nurse Consultant HIV at Bolton Clarke (formerly Royal District Nursing Service)
Moderated by Well, Well, Well's Cal Hawk.