Self-Management Workshop for PLHIV
NOTE: The address for this workshop has changed to Coventry House. See the full address above. The Self-Management Workshop for People Living with HIV (PLHIV) is a free six-week program offered for all people with living with HIV by Thorne Harbour Health in collaboration with Living Positive Victoria.
Register to Attend
The Self-Management Workshop is a small group workshop offered face-to-face for 2.5 hours once a week for six weeks for people with any physical or mental chronic condition or multiple chronic conditions.
Workshops are highly participatory where mutual support and success build participants’ confidence in their ability to manage their health and maintain active and fulfilling lives. Each participant is guided to tailor the workshop content to their own needs.
Topics include techniques to deal with symptoms of chronic conditions, such as fatigue, pain, sleeplessness, shortness of breath, stress, and emotional problems such as depression, anger, fear, and frustration.
- Appropriate exercise for maintaining and improving strength and endurance
- Falls prevention
- Healthy eating
- Better breathing techniques
- Appropriate use of medication
- Working more effectively with health care providers
- Communicating with friends and family
- Communicating with oneself
- Communicating with the health care system
- Action-planning, problem-solving, decision-making.
Sign up now at the link!