HIV Research & the Community
From historic street activism to modern biomedical prevention, join us for this free online forum as we look at community involvement in HIV research.
Register for this FREE event
As the first in a Thorne Harbour series of community forums looking at HIV research, the topic for this event is Where do I fit in? The role of community in HIV Research.
The forum will consider the history of community participation in HIV research through the decades from demonstrating in the streets for research and access in the early days of HIV medicine, to more recent research initiatives that examine Pre-exposure prophylaxis and undetectable viral load. From life or death to prevention and beyond.
Moderated by Chad Hughes, the forum panel will include:
- Professor Sharon Lewin (Doherty Institute)
- Professor Jenny Hoy (Alfred Health / Monash University)
- Associate Professor Garret Prestage (The Kirby Institute, UNSW)
- Heather Mugwagwa (Positive Women Victoria)
- Richard Keane (Living Positive Victoria)