Women's Advisory Group
19 Feb 2020
We're seeking expressions of interest for our LGBTIQ Women's Advisory Group. This is your chance to play a pivotal role in the development of our women's health and wellbeing services.
We are inviting expressions of interest from women who would like to join our LGBTIQ Women’s Advisory Group for the period of 2020-2022 (two years).
Purpose of the Advisory Group
The LGBTIQ Women’s Advisory Group is being established to provide us with guidance, advice and support in the provision of safe and inclusive women’s health and wellbeing services, including:
- Both general medical and women’s specific health services
- Sexual health services
- Therapeutic services (counselling, alcohol and/or other drugs, and family violence programs)
- Capacity Building and Training
- Health promotion
- Policy, diversity and inclusion
In line with our community participation processes, this is a volunteer opportunity.
Meeting Frequency & Location
Regular meeting times will be scheduled in consultation with the members, with six half-day meetings planned annually.
The meetings will be held at Thorne Harbour Health’s head office.
If you would like a copy of the advisory group Terms of Reference, or wish to submit an expression of interest please forward the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- A letter briefly addressing the key points below
- Demonstrated understanding of the lived experience of health and wellbeing issues impacting LGBTIQ women.
- Demonstrated connection to women’s communities and/or community groups or organisations.
- Availability to commit to regular advisory group meetings.
Applications close Friday, 6th March 2020 and shortlisted applicants will be invited to interview. We're committed to diverse representation on this advisory group and as such encourages applications from women from a wide range of backgrounds and experiences.
If you need support in completing an expression of interest or have any other questions about the group or application process, please email: email@example.com or call (03) 9865 6700 and ask to speak with the Women's Health Lead.