World AIDS Day Workplace Webinars
Thorne Harbour Health offers presentations for workplaces about the history of World AIDS Day in Australia - designed to raise awareness and educate staff about HIV/AIDS.
During the presentation, we cover:
- Introduction to HIV/AIDS: what the difference is between the two and busting some common myths.
- A look back: hear from experts about the history of HIV with both an Australian and global lens.
- Our work today: understand all the services Thorne Harbour offers in HIV prevention and care for people living with HIV.
- The Victorian Red Ribbon: its significance and how it differs from other red ribbons.
- Lived Experience: hear from a person living with HIV and their own experiences with the virus.
- Q&A: a safe space for your staff to ask their questions.
You can book the presentation online for your organisation (up to 200 colleagues) to join via Zoom Webinar. We will be holding webinars on the following dates/times:
Wednesday 29th November: 12 - 1pm & 4 – 5pm
Thursday 30th November: 12 – 1pm
For larger organisations with up to 200 staff attending, we request a donation of $500 or more. This donation will go directly to funding services for people living with HIV and HIV prevention. Get in touch if you are a smaller business/government entity or not-for-profit and we can discuss alternative donation amounts.
We can also provide in-person trainings if required.
Please submit all requests to WorldAIDSDay@thorneharbour.org