Taking Charge: Peer Support Network
Are you 50 years+ and living with HIV? Our Peer Support Network is a great opportunity to connect with others and hear from various guest speakers.
For our August session, we will have a presentation on Future Planning & Elder Abuse Prevention. Delivered by Claire Thurstans, Project Lead/Seniors Law of Justice Connect.
What is future planning and how can we do it?
Future planning means:
- Planning what you want your future to look like, including your healthcare, lifestyle, and financial arrangements
- Choosing who would have the legal power to make decisions for you if you couldn't anymore
- Examples of legal options include powers of attorney and advance care planning.
The presentation will also cover:
- What prevents people from future planning?
- What is elder abuse?
- How can future planning help prevent elder abuse?
In a group discussion, we will explore ideas about how we can empower ourselves to future plan and help retain control and dignity as we get older.
PLEASE NOTE: There is onsite parking available off Margaret Street and the Tram 72 from the city stops at the front of the building, Stop 28.
For more information, contact:
- Gerry O’Brien - 03 9863 0444 - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Living Positive Victoria's Vic Perri - 03 9863 8733 - email@example.com
Taking Charge - HIV & Ageing is a joint project of Thorne Harbour Health & Living Positive Victoria