EOI for Trans, Gender Diverse & Non-Binary Advisory Group
14 Nov 2019
We're seeking expressions of interest for Thorne Harbour Health's Trans, Gender Diverse & Non-Binary Advisory Group.
We would like to invite Expressions of Interest from Trans, Gender Diverse and Non-Binary community members who would like to join our Trans, Gender Diverse & Non-Binary Advisory Group for the period of 2020-2022 (2 years).
Purpose of the Advisory Group
The Trans, Gender Diverse & Non-Binary Advisory Group was established to provide guidance, advice and support to Thorne Harbour Health (THH) in the provision of safe and inclusive Trans and gender diverse (TGD) health and wellbeing services, including:
- Both general medical and trans specific health services (Equinox)
- Sexual health services
- Therapeutic services (counselling, alcohol and/or other drugs, and family violence programs)
- Capacity Building and Training
- HIV services
- Health promotion
- Policy, diversity and inclusion
In line with our community participation processes this is a volunteer opportunity.
Meeting Frequency & Location
Regular meeting times will be scheduled in consultation with the members, with 6 half day meetings planned annually.
The meetings will be held at Thorne Harbour Health’s St Kilda Road office.
If you would like a copy of the Terms of Reference, or wish to submit an expression of interest please forward the following to Ren Grayson, Trans Health Project Lead & Program Coordinator, Capacity Building & Development via email@example.com
- A letter briefly addressing the key points below
- Demonstrated understanding of the lived experience of health and wellbeing issues impacting Trans, Gender Diverse and Non-Binary communities.
- Demonstrated connection to Trans and gender diverse communities and/or community groups or organisations.
- Availability to commit to regular advisory group meetings.
Applications close 2 December 2019.
**if you need support in completing an EOI, please get in touch with Ren.
Photo Credit: The Gender Spectrum Collection