Since 2013, PRONTO! has been helping men who have sex with men look after their sexual health and wellbeing by offering free rapid HIV testing as well as sexual health screenings and treatment services.
Book an Appointment
PRONTO! is our peer-led service conveniently co-located with Equinox at Thorne Harbour's site at 200 Hoddle Street in Abbotsford.
PLEASE NOTE: PRONTO! has adapted the Peer Testing service model in response to COVID-19. Regular testers will notice changes that are being introduced to ensure everyone can be tested safely.
- All clients will be asked to wear a surgical mask and to sanitise their hands upon arrival.
- We will continue to ask that you to fill in our standard electronic behavioural survey. A link to the survey website will be emailed, allowing you to complete it on your own device.
- Patients will be asked to self-collect their STI specimens including oral and anal swabs and first pass urine. Don’t worry, our peers will explain how this done!
- We now advise patients of all STI and HIV test results via phone call or SMS. All negative test results will be sent via SMS with your consent.
What hasn’t changed:
- We are only offering testing services to asymptomatic (no symptoms) clients. If you are the contact of a person recently diagnosed with an STI, or if you have symptoms, you need to book in to see a GP. Our peer testers cannot provide treatment. To book in for treatment services, please book an appointment with 'PrEP Dr' in our online booking system or call reception on (03) 9416 2889
- If you have taken PrEP or PEP at any time in the last 28 days, you will need to see your prescribing doctor for HIV and STI testing.
PrEP Access and STI Treatment Services
Our PrEP GP clinic continues to operate on site and via telehealth on Monday, Wednesday and Fridays. Bulk billed Telehealth appointments are available and privately-billed telehealth services are available to non-eligible patients. Face-to-face appointments are available for clients that are symptomatic and require STI testing and treatment. To book in for STI treatment, select 'PrEP Dr' on our online booking system or call reception on (03) 9416 2889
Our bulk billed PrEP Nurse Practitioner (NP) clinic operates most Saturdays.. Privately-billed services are available to non-eligible patients. Telehealth and face to face appointments can be booked for clients that are symptomatic and require STI testing and treatment. To book, please call reception on (03) 9416 2889. This service cannot be booked on line.
All clients with cold or flu symptoms must delay testing until all symptoms have cleared.
We encourage all clients to follow our Facebook page for updates on service changes.
For more info, give PRONTO! a call on (03) 9416 2889