YOUth is here to provide support to LGBTIQ+ young people 16 – 25 and their families around Alcohol and other Drug use.
Experienced queer affirmative youth counsellors can provide a safe, supportive and non-judgemental space to chat about concerns and work on goals around alcohol and other drug use and more.
You may want to learn more about the effects of drug use and your health, mental health and improve your wellbeing.
Whatever your goals and wherever you are at, our YOUth Counsellors can work with you and provide support with;
- One-on-one counselling and chats
- Therapeutic family work and family sessions
- Goal setting and ongoing care planning
- Information and education around drug and alcohol use
- Help to reduce the harms associated with drug and alcohol use
- Supported referrals to appropriate services in the community
- Information and referral to our therapeutic groups
YOUth Counsellors understand the specific and unique issues and barriers that may face LGBTIQ+ young people who use alcohol or other drugs, affirm that LGBTI families may differ from traditional family models and provide a culturally appropriate youth service.
For more information on YOUth call our friendly intake worker on (03) 9865 6700.